Our History

1903

Russellville Baptist Church had its beginning at a meeting in the Presbyterian Church (the current Russellville United Methodist Church).

1905

A building committee was chosen to secure a lot and raise funds for the erection of a church building. In less than a month the committee purchased a lot on the corner of Simpson and Grace streets for $350.

1906

The original church building was completed at a cost of $1,500.

1908

A Sunday school program was organized.

1919

The church voted to align with the Missouri Baptist Convention.

1949

The property next door to the church was purchased for a parsonage.

1962

An educational building was constructed.

1970s

Remodeling was completed, including a new floor in the auditorium, new pews, and new front steps.

1982

The current educational building addition was completed.

1986

The parsonage was torn down to make room for a new sanctuary, which was completed and ready for services in June 1988. It is still used today.

2000

The original sanctuary was torn down to make room for an addition, which houses church offices, a Sunday school room, a meeting room and youth area. 

2008

A four-bay garage was completed to store two church vans, a trailer, and various equipment.

2010

A playground was added to the lot behind the church.

5209 Simpson Street, PO Box 388, Russellville, MO  65074
office@russellvillebaptist.com  |  (573) 782-3314

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

©2020 by RUSSELLVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH