Our History


1903
Russellville Baptist Church had its beginning at a meeting in the Presbyterian Church (the current Russellville United Methodist Church).

1905
A building committee was chosen to secure a lot and raise funds for the erection of a church building. In less than a month the committee purchased a lot on the corner of Simpson and Grace streets for $350.

1906      
The original church building was completed at a cost of $1,500.

1908
A Sunday school program was organized.

1919
The church voted to align with the Missouri Baptist Convention.

1949
The property next door to the church was purchased for a parsonage.

1962
An educational building was constructed.

1970s
Remodeling was completed, including a new floor in the auditorium, new pews and new front steps.

1982 
The latest educational building addition was completed.

1986 
The parsonage was torn down to make room for a new sanctuary, which was completed and ready for services in June 1988 and is still used today.

2000
The old sanctuary was torn down to make room for an addition, which houses church offices, a Sunday school room, a meeting room and youth area. 

2008
A four-bay garage was completed to store two church vans, a trailer and various equipment.

2010
A playground was added to the lot behind the church.